Playing with her cousins . . .
walking Dolly (Jason's dog) with Andi

playing hide & seek

visiting a goat farm

making Valentine cards for her friends at story time
(owls made out of hearts- the back read: "Whooooo likes you? Maggie!"
(owls made out of hearts- the back read: "Whooooo likes you? Maggie!"

opening Valentine chocolates from me and Brendon
The box says "Drama Queen"!
The box says "Drama Queen"!

having fun at a Valentine party at church
Maggie is as smart as a whip, and cute as a button! Here are a few of her sayings:Maggie: "Don't tell me that."
Holly: "I can tell you what I want. I made you."
Maggie: "No, you didn't. Jesus did."
Holly (trying to be consistent and firm): "No means no."
Maggie: "But please means please!"
One day we drove by a cemetery with small, flat grave stones. Every grave had a vase with flowers. Maggie said, "That's a beautiful place to spend the night. We could bring our tent and sleeping bag!"
I've read a lot of "Fancy Nancy" books to Maggie. Fancy Nancy likes to use French words. The other day Maggie said, "How do you say 'ooo-la-la' in French?"
Maggie: "No, you didn't. Jesus did."
Holly (trying to be consistent and firm): "No means no."
Maggie: "But please means please!"
One day we drove by a cemetery with small, flat grave stones. Every grave had a vase with flowers. Maggie said, "That's a beautiful place to spend the night. We could bring our tent and sleeping bag!"
I've read a lot of "Fancy Nancy" books to Maggie. Fancy Nancy likes to use French words. The other day Maggie said, "How do you say 'ooo-la-la' in French?"
A few of her recent milestones are:
-Maggie now understands the concept of lacing and likes doing lace-up pictures with yarn.
-She understands and uses the concept of "half". In the bath tub she filled a cup half-full with water and said, "That's a half cup." Then I put different amounts of water in the cup, and she consistently knew when it was half full.
-Maggie has been potty trained for quite a while now; however, she has made even more strides in that area! One thing that I've learned through this process (and others) with her is that I can teach and encourage her as much as I can, but she'll only do it when she wants to. After she makes up her mind that she's willing to do it, she's very successful.
-Maggie now understands the concept of lacing and likes doing lace-up pictures with yarn.
-She understands and uses the concept of "half". In the bath tub she filled a cup half-full with water and said, "That's a half cup." Then I put different amounts of water in the cup, and she consistently knew when it was half full.
-Maggie has been potty trained for quite a while now; however, she has made even more strides in that area! One thing that I've learned through this process (and others) with her is that I can teach and encourage her as much as I can, but she'll only do it when she wants to. After she makes up her mind that she's willing to do it, she's very successful.
-Maggie can now say the days of the week.
-Maggie was accepted into our top choice of preschools and will start going there two mornings per week starting in late August.
-Maggie will graduate from the "My Folks and Me" gymnastics class in a few weeks and will start in the preschool gymnastics class. I'll sit on the sidelines and watch her 45-minute class with the teachers and her peers. She's excited that she'll get to wear her leotard!
-Maggie was accepted into our top choice of preschools and will start going there two mornings per week starting in late August.
-Maggie will graduate from the "My Folks and Me" gymnastics class in a few weeks and will start in the preschool gymnastics class. I'll sit on the sidelines and watch her 45-minute class with the teachers and her peers. She's excited that she'll get to wear her leotard!



No comments:
Post a Comment