Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Double Digits

It's so hard to believe that the number of days left in my pregnancy is double digits- just 96 days!  That means next week- week 27- I'll be in my third trimester!

Here are the latest "belly shots":

This one is from almost a month ago, on our 6th wedding anniversary, April 22, 2012:

The next one is from last week on Mothers' Day:

This one is from today.  Maggie is kissing "Baby Brother":

This pregnancy is going well.  Knock on wood, I haven't been sick or had much swelling.  I continue daily to pull Maggie around the neighborhood a few times in her wagon.  I have, unfortunately, had to stop picking her up, as that was causing some pain.  I have to switch sides often throughout the night, but that's not stopping me from sleeping!  The baby's kicks are so strong now (but not painful), and it's amazing to see the scope of my body that he is occupying.  His kicks range from low to high and from one side of my body to the other.

Maggie talks about Baby Brother a lot and wants to give him so many things!  When we were picking strawberries a few weeks ago, she kept picking tiny strawberries for him.  She'll be a sweet big sister!  In fact, she accompanied me to my ultrasound last week and was amazed to see him on the screen (as was I!).  How awesome are these pictures?!

He has chubby little cheeks!  I think that is the umbilical cord in front of him.

At first I thought this was his hand "waving", but upon closer inspection, I think it's his foot!  
Maybe he's the gymnast in the family!
Before we went into the ultrasound, I explained to Maggie each step of the ultrasound process.  She watched intently and was so well behaved for my 3 hour appointment (most of which was spent waiting).  She was so good in the ultrasound room that the technician gave her a lollipop!  Afterwards, she thought it was so funny to ask the rhyme, "Why did she put jelly on your belly?!"  We are so thankful that the ultrasound showed a healthy, growing baby boy.  In fact, the doctor said that based on the ultrasound measurements, he's 2 pounds 9 ounces now, which places him in the 78th percentile!  Now that I'm almost in the third trimester, my doctor appointments will come every two weeks.  I'm not complaining . . . hearing his heartbeat and knowing that everything is okay never gets old. 

Baby Boy has received a few presents lately.  My Aunt Barbara crocheted this beautiful baby afghan for him:


Brendon's parents brought him this adorable hat and bib from their recent trip to Ireland:
 
Baby Boy is already so loved!

No comments: