Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Finally!

Our busy holiday season stretched from October through December.  I still haven't uploaded all of our Christmas pictures, but here's a recap of the last few months:

In October we visited a pumpkin patch (click here for pictures), both as a family and with Maggie's preschool class.  When we went as a family, it was very warm (pushing 80 degrees), but on the preschool field trip, it was cloudy, windy, and in the 30s! 

For Halloween, Maggie was a cupcake and Luke was a pumpkin.  Click here to see those pictures.  I called Maggie the "Halloween Director".  As kids trick-or-treated at our house, she gave them instructions on how many pieces of candy to take. Walking down the street, she directed them to our house, where my dad was handing out candy.

Click here to see other pics from October.  That month Luke rolled from front to back, started hitting hanging objects, and started grasping objects with help.

Before Thanksgiving the kids met Santa twice- once in Pinehurst and once in Sanford.  Both kids did extremely well.  Luke didn't mind sitting on his lap at all, and Maggie talked and talked to him and Mrs. Claus.  She told him that she wanted a "Brave" dress (dress like the character from the Disney movie "Brave"), a teddy bear, and a truck for Luke.  Click here to see pictures of them with both Santas.

In November we celebrated Thanksgiving at preschool and with both sides of the family.  Click here for pics.  Luke started holding onto clothes and stuffed animals independently, smiling frequently, and laughing (so cute!).

Luke was baptized the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  One of the ministers who baptized Maggie helped baptize Luke.  A family friend sang a touching song that she also sang at Maggie's baptism.  Luke did well when they put the water on his head.  He only fussed a little during the service.  We celebrated afterwards with a soup and sandwich luncheon at church.  Click here to see the pictures from this special day.

In December we decorated for Christmas, visited a fire station, attended multiple parties, and Maggie participated in the children's Christmas program at church.  We were SO proud of her.  She sang a duet for one verse in "The Friendly Beasts".  The children also sang "Away in a Manger" and played handbells.  Each child held up one letter in the word "Christmas" and said what it represented.  Maggie held up the letter "S" and said, "S is for the spirit that lives in my heart."  I said this same line over 30 years ago in a Christmas program at the same church, except my speech wasn't as good as Maggie's.  I said, "S is for the 'pirit that lives in my heart."  Maggie has listened to the Christmas CD so many times, that she can sing all of the verses of "The Friendly Beasts", as well as parts of other Christmas carols.  Click here to see December pictures (up to Christmas).

In December, at 4 months old, Luke's neck got a lot stronger, and he can now hold his head up independently.  He also rolled from back to belly.  He is drooling and vocalizing a lot, and he likes splashing his feet in the tub.  He weighs 15 lbs 12 oz (70th percentile) and is 26 inches long (91st percentile)- he may be a basketball or football player one day!

Click here for one more set of pics.

As you can see, Facebook is the quickest way to keep track of what the kids are doing.  I post pics there long before they appear on the blog.  We had a wonderful Christmas . . . stay tuned for pictures from those exciting days.

Finally, here are some of Maggie's recent quotes:

"I don't have to poop.  I just have to lay an egg."

"Why can't we marry our brothers?"

(regarding Luke) "I want to wrap him in swaddling clothes."

"You and Daddy pretend to be not married.  Then I can be your flower girl."

(as she was decorating the Christmas tree) "I need it quiet to decorate!"

"Christmas lights make me gasp!"

(as she was checking the mail) "Bills, bills, bills!"

After hearing the Christmas story and Bethlehem, Maggie asked, "Who was born in Bethle-her?"

"I'm doing my big sister exercises."

"How was t.v. when you were a little girl?  Did it have color?"

When she heard me sing the line about "Christ the Lord" in "O Come All Ye Faithful", Maggie said, "I thought it was price the gourd" (instead of "Christ the Lord").

Maggie was playing dolls, and she handed a doll bottle to my mom.  She said, "I didn't pump that milk."

No comments: