Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 16, 2011

2 Months Until 2!

Maggie is 22 months today!

1-16-11

Maggie's language skills have always impressed us, but lately they've amazed us! She can sing a verse to each of the following songs: "Baa Baa Black Sheep", "Tomorrow" (from the movie "Annie"), "B-I-N-G-O", and "I Wash My Hands this Morning".

Ever since Santa gave her a book of fairy tales for Christmas, she's really gotten into "Cinderella", "The Three Pigs", "The Three Bears", and "Little Red Riding Hood". Today in the nursery at church she acted out parts of "The Three Bears" by putting stuffed teddy bears in three chairs and then trying out each chair, like Goldilocks. Tonight as I was rocking Maggie before bedtime, she made up her own song, to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin?" She sang, "Where is Bad Wolf? Where is Bad Wolf? On the path, on the path!" I was grinning, and she looked up at me and said, "Whatcha doin', Mama?" I said, "Listening to you sing", and she sang it again!

Other milestones this month include identifying the letters "W" and "S" (she can already identify "M"- she proudly says, "M for Maggie!") and cutting her canine teeth.

I'll leave you with a few interesting sentences Maggie has said in the last few days:

  • "Bears live in the forest."
  • "Pigs live in the mud."
  • "Mama, no talking to Daddy!" (She wants all of the attention on her!)
  • "Maggie watch Mickey Mouse on Memo's 'tuter." (computer)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That's a smart, beautiful and funny girl! Good job Momma!