Maggie chased the ducks, fed them, and played as they followed her around.

Maggie got braver each day. She walked deeper in the water, rode on floats (which she hasn't cared for before), and was so happy when she "put her head under the water" (got her hair wet). She loved looking at minnows from the pier, playing with old and new friends, eating an ice cream cone on the shore, and having some very special visitors.
Maggie wearing what she calls her "goo goo goggles":

On the last day Maggie took a long afternoon nap, so we let her stay up later than usual. We both had a special treat that night- swimming under a spectacular sunset!
Maggie looked at the sunset and said, "I want to smell it!" I asked her what she thought it would smell like, and she said, "Pink . . . strawberry!" She then wanted me to take her deeper and deeper to see the "pink water" reflecting the sunset.(Click on the image below to enlarge it to see Maggie's silhouette.)
As Maggie continued looking at the sunset, she said something so profound, I asked her to repeat it. She said, "Night awaits." Both my dad and I heard her say this! Sometimes I think she has a better vocabulary than I do!!From sunrise to sunset Maggie had a blast! Summer is made for moments like these!





2 comments:
Love the White Lake pictures. Looks like you and Maggie had a wonderful time.
Yes, these are wonderful memories with a warm, loving, charming, sweet, beutiful and smart little lady.
Post a Comment