Today Maggie had a not-so-happy "first" . . . her first sting! You'd think this would have happened before with a granddaddy who's a beekeeper.
We spent most of this beautiful fall day outside. Maggie ran me out of my lounge chair so she could sit in it! A few minutes later, she started crying loudly. I ran to see what was the matter, and she said, "A bug bit my finger!" I looked down on the chair and saw what Brendon confirmed was a wasp. She wouldn't let me put ice on it, but some cuddles helped.
I also told her the story of when I got stung by a wasp on my finger this summer while I was picking blueberries. Then Brendon told her about getting stung eight times by yellow jackets who happened to have a nest in a tree he was chopping down in our backyard a few years ago. All afternoon and night Maggie wanted us to tell these stories over and over to her! She keeps saying, "Tell me that story again."
This was definitely a new experience for her- one that I don't want to repeat any time soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Kiss Maggie's little finger for me and I am sure it will feel better! Sorry she was stung by a wasp.
Post a Comment